You can download the demo from this page. The password is "popmusic".
Right from the start, there are four options available in the main menu:
- Arcade – The main mode of play. You select a difficulty level, and from there, you play up to three rounds in an attempt to gain an overall high score, and unlock more characters and music. In the demo, only the Normal mode is available, although it includes a few songs from the Beginner mode, and a few songs you'd have to otherwise unlock right from the start.
- Free Play – In this mode, you can play any song you've unlocked to your heart's content, going for the best high score for the song, and earning bronze, silver, and gold medals. This is also a good way to practice a song without any real penalty. This mode is unavailable in the demo.
- How to Play – Tells you everything you need to know about how Rhythmic Pop'n, and by extension, how Pop'n Music is played. You'll learn the rules, and about unlockables.
- Options – This is where you make many configurable changes to the game, including Button Select (5 or 9), Key Config, Character Select and a few extra unlockables. The Character Dictionary is available from the start and details information about the characters as it pertains to the game, but is locked out of the demo version of Rhythmic Pop'n.
GameplayThe gist of it is to fill up your Groove Gauge from the bad zone to the clear zone, and to keep it there until the stage ends. Pop the Poppers when they line up with the Timing Bar. Hitting them right on time nets you a "Great" and the full amount of points and will add to your Groove Gauge. If you're a little off, you'll get a "Good", but fewer points, and it'll only fill up your Groove Gauge a little bit. If you're way off or miss entirely, you'll get a "Bad", and your Groove Gauge will begin to deplete with each missed note. If the Groove Gauge is in the red when the song ends, you clear the stage. If it is in the blue, the stage is failed. In Arcade mode, if you choose to continue, your overall score is reset.
Music and Characters
Rhythmic Pop'n spans across all of the series on Aqua Bunny, and includes characters from each of the 5 major works: Poké Island series, Alternate Universe, Carmela:¡Alcance Las Estrellas!, Diary of Lisa Berkley and Chibi's Corner. The following songs and characters are available in the Rhythmic Pop'n Demo, and are subject to change in the final version.
- One-Hundred Fifty One ~ Riri
- Electric Tooth Brush ~ Rey
- Asian573 ~ Bellsprout Bell
- Candy Blue ~ Bubbles La'Vee
- Silly Psyduck ~ Psyduck
- Transparent Manicure ~ Nidorina Schneider
- The Polygontal Energy ~ Porygon
- Speed ~ Yami
- Twoside ~ Giselle
- L'amour et la liberte ~ Tuff Cuddles
Hints for Final Version
Here's where a few hints will be dropped about the final version, if any are provided.
- Nidorina, Charlotte, and even Carmela are all in the final version of the game, among many other characters.
- Some charts may be reworked to make the game easier overall. The idea is to provide an experience similar to Pop'n Music and encourage interested players to find the real thing, not discourage them.
- Yami will get a different song in the final version of the game. Speed will now only be available in the demo version.
|Major Works||Poké Island Series • Alternate Universe • Carmela:¡Alcance Las Estrellas! • Diary of Lisa Berkley • Chibi's Corner|
|Site Characters||Chibi-Chibi • Sprocket|
|Major Animated Productions||Wii • Minimalist Valentine's • Rainy~Struck By the Rain • Hamburger Biscuit • Modular Animation Test • I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm|
|Major Games||Crane Crazy • Tile Gallery • WarioWare DIY: High-Functionality Aqua Bunny Pack • Rhythmic Pop'n • Love-Love Monster|